Hosted by The Vermont Recreation and Parks Association
March 19-20, 2012
So. Burlington, Vermont
The Certified Pool Operator® certification program is a nationally recognized course followed by written examination which teaches advanced techniques in safety, water chemistry, maintenance, and management. This course is recognized as the standard in the industry. The CPO® seal of approval is assurance to pool and spa owners, from motels to Olympic-sized municipal and college pools, that their facilities and their swimmers are under the supervision of trained certified professionals. Those who complete the program and examination receive certification and a registration number which is valid for five years in all 50 states.
• The CPO® certification program includes pool and spa chemistry, testing, treatment, filtration, maintenance, automatic feeding equipment, and government requirements.
• The CPO® certification program requires an open book written examination.
• The CPO® certification is valid for five years.
• This course will be taught by an NSPF®- certified instructor.
• Proven educational tool.
• Widely accepted by local and state authorities.
• Covers topics necessary for pool operators including local and state codes.
• Comprehensive handbook that is updated regularly.
• The CPO® certification is recognized nationally and internationally.
• Gives participants a better understanding of the operator's role in pool care, management and risk reduction.
• The CPO® Certification program is now eligible for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Why do you need training?
The CPO® course is a training program specifically designed to meet the needs of supervisory or operations personnel working in public and semipublic recreational pools or water park facilities. As a pool or spa operator, you are obligated to provide a clean, disease free, and safe facility. Your facility must be kept in good operating order and needs to operate efficiently. Only an individual with suitable training and experience is qualified to meet these responsibilities.